Niels Wilhelm Gade, Denmark (1817-1890)
Gade got lessons early in violin and later in composition.
In 1844-1848 he was the conductor of the Gewandhaus orchestra in Leipzig, but returned to Copenhagen because of the war between Germany and Denmark.
At the return he became the leader and conductor of the orchestra of the Music Society at the same time as he held the position as organist at the Garrison Church and from 1858 at Holmens church.
In 1867 he became the director for the Academy of Music.